Monday 13 February 2012

www.fabulousplaces.co.uk

See us on www.fabulousplaces.co.uk

visit 2012 events at the roundhouse in derby

About FP.........

fabulousplaces.co.uk was launched at the Belper Food Festival in July 2008 and originally covered Derbyshire. Just over a year later, the website launched in Nottinghamshire.

For many years my partner and I have been out and about walking our dogs, Molly & Toby, and on most occasions I would find a fabulous shop, gallery, cafe etc, all of which I would add to my list of places I would return to and recommend to friends. My initial idea for Fabulous Places came from pure frustration of not being able to find information on the internet for Derbyshire. Before we ventured into Derbyshire I would Google the areas we were visiting to find out which coffee shops, cafes and gift shops were there, but I would always struggle to find information on the types of places I like, so it was a case of walking down back streets and finding them for myself.

I would like to thank my friend, Jonathan, for saying "Deb, you always know great places to meet for coffee!", which made me seriously think about making my address book a website for everyone to use. My aim is for fabulousplaces.co.uk to fill a huge gap and show you the array of truly great independent places and producers out there for you to visit. I feel Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire offer the complete package...beautiful surroundings, fabulous shopping, amazing food and great coffee shops. At present, fabulousplaces.co.uk covers both Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire, but I am working on taking the website to other counties... watch this space!

To compliment the website I also run fabulousplaces.co.uk events, which gives you a unique opportunity to visit a gorgeous venue and browse many of the places and producers featured on the website. These events have become incredibly popular with visitor numbers exceeding 5,000! I feel truly blessed to have been able to turn my passion into a career. 

follow them on twitter
@fabpl_cheshire
@deb_fabplaces

No comments:

Post a Comment